Claims made easier with Lantern
Making a claim can be daunting, that’s why we’ve developed an experience that we hope will be helpful to you.
What is, ‘The Lantern Experience’
- Your claim will be looked after by one person. You won’t have to explain yourself twice and you’ll always know who to talk to.
- When you call we’ll identify you over the phone and quickly find your cover details.
- There’s no need to complete any forms. Claims are handled over the phone in most cases.
- If an assessment is needed we’ll arrange it straight away. An assessor will contact you very quickly.
- We’ll always keep you posted. There’s no need to chase claims when you’re with Lantern. Your claims person will provide progress reports by phone or email.
Call us on 0800 800 800 and speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Important information you need to know
- First and foremost make sure you and your family are safe.
- Make sure you take reasonable precautions to prevent any further loss or damage (such as if one car window is smashed, park it up against a wall so that it is difficult for someone else to enter through it).
- Please don’t spend any money on repairs or replacement without talking to us first. If it’s an emergency, go ahead, but keep any receipts to claim a reimbursement.
- Please phone us on 0800 800 800 as soon as possible if you receive documents from anyone else about your claim.
- If you may have caused damage to someone else's property, please don’t admit you are at fault. Simply say you need to speak to your insurer and phone us on
0800 800 800.
- Contact the police immediately if the loss or damage was caused by an illegal act.